Rod Kuegel DCHS '71
Mr. Kuegel is a 1971 graduate of Daviess County High School and a 1975 graduate of the University of Kentucky with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. Mr. Kuegel is married to Lois Whitaker Kuegel, and, along with his sons, Luke and Clay, and his father, Bill, raise crops and cattle in western Daviess County. He is currently serving as Chair of the Owensboro Riverport Authority, as a trustee with Brescia University, and as a director with Independence Bank. He has served as the Chair of the Greater Owensboro Economic Development Corporation. Mr. Kuegel and his wife have two sons and three granddaughters.
- Member of pleasant Grove Baptist Church currently serves as deacon and Sunday School teacher
- 1971 graduate of DCHS
- 1975 UK graduate BS in accounting
- 1997 Thomas Poe Cooper Award UK Farm Leadership
- 1982-83 Owensboro Jaycees Outstanding Young Farmer
- 1983 Outstanding Alumnus UK College of Agriculture
- 1995-2003 Elected President of the Burley Tobacco Co-Op
- Growers co-op with over 150,000 members
- 2000 Progressive Farmer Man of the Year in Service to Ky Agriculture
- 2010-2012 Chairman Greater
- Owensboro Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors
- Lifetime Achievement Award for Lifetime of Service and Dedication to Rural Life
- Brescia University Board of Trustees
- Board of Directors Independence Bank
- Chairman Owensboro RiverPort Authority Board of Directors
Rod is married to Lois Whitaker Kuegel.
They have two sons, Luke and wife Samantha, and Clay.
He also three beautiful granddaughters, Carrie, Savanna, and Ellie.
Rod, Luke, and Clay farm with Rod's dad, Bill Kuegel, raising crops and cattle in western Daviess Co.